Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Wow!  I can't believe it's already 2013.  Where did the time go?  2012 was an amazing year for my family.  We moved into a new home in a new community and (lucky me) our home has it's very own sewing room.  I've spent the last three months moving, packing and unpacking and working. Sadly, I've had little time for quilting lately, but that is about to change.

In looking at the year ahead, I have several quilt related goals.

  1. I will complete five quilts in 2013.  (I know, some of you are rolling your eyes saying, "Five quilts, is that all?  I can do that in my sleep!"  Well, I can't.  For me, this is a perfectly reasonable and attainable goal.)
  2. I will complete one non-quilt related sewing project each month in 2013.  I'm thinking coasters, placemats, wall hangings, bags, curtains, clothes, etc.  
  3. I will enter one quilted item into a contest this year.
  4. I will construct a design wall in my sewing room.
  5. I will install proper lighting in my sewing room.
Those are my quilt related goals for the new year.  I hope to exceed these goals, but they are a perfect place to start.  


As for January... this month, I have two specific goals:
  1. I will complete the 2012 Craftsy BOM quilt top.  I have four more blocks to complete and then I need to add sashing and borders; and
  2. I will complete a set of coasters for the new home.  (Over the holidays, guests asked for coasters and all I had to offer was folded up paper towels.....I think I can do better than that!)
That's it for me.  What are your goals?  I'm linking up with the January Goal Setting Party part of A Lovely Year of Finishes over at Sew Bitter Sweet Designs.  Write up your goals and join us!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with meeting your goals Kimberley. I am hoping to catch up on the Craftsy BOM soon too. I am even further behind than you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sewing room? Great choice of house! Good luck with the target. I may have started far more than 5 last year, but I probably only finished half as many!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you have a room of your own, and made a plan for the year. I think 5 finished quilts is quite respectable, and some years I don't do one finished one! Good luck with your January finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your goals are very realistic. I think it's good that you put them down where you can see them as that makes you more accountable to yourself for them. I signed up for the Craftsy BOM last year but didn't do it. I enjoyed watching the videos with Amy Gibson and eventually plan on doing it. I was trying to get more ideas for blocks for another project instead of a separate quilt. After watching her videos, I decided to go ahead and do it but time got away from me. It is on my list of things to do this year. I hope you get your January goals done. There is a very quick and easy coaster demo on Jenny Harris's blog. I have made alot of these for myself, gifts and our guild too. They are quick, easy and fun too...here's a link to her demo. http://allsorts.typepad.com/allsorts/2006/11/crisscross_coas.html. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete